Friday 25 May 2012

Garden

Last weekend I visited my pa and while looking at his veggie garden I noticed an old wheelbarrow sitting under a tree, unused. When I enquired about it pa said take it, I don't really use it anymore. So after a noisy trip home with it rattling around in the back of my car, I put some chicken wire and plastic in the bottom to cover the rusted areas. I planted some pansies in it which I can't wait until spread so the whole wheelbarrow is bursting with white flowers. Thanks  pa!




At work last week the Food Technician Donna asked if I wanted three old flour tins. As soon as I saw them I said definitely, I love them!!! As they are quite large and I already have flour and sugar containers I needed to find another use for them. I decided they would look great as pot plants. Often I see photos in magazines of old saucepans, bottles and colanders being used for pot plants and love that old preloved items can be given a new purpose. I took some cuttings of various succulents from my brother and his wife's garden which I planted into the flour tins.


I put the tins next to a barbed wire sculpture I made so they would complement each other well.



No comments:

Post a Comment