Wednesday 16 May 2012

Basket weaving

I recently attended a workshop on basket weaving. It was exciting looking around my garden for possible vines, branches etc to use. The style I adopted over the two days was more of a "random" weave. As I'm more of a messy, fast worker this really suited me and I managed to create three baskets and a couple of wall hangings. Lots of fun!




Garlic basket- The most structured basket I made



Random weave basket




One of my least favourite jobs in the garden is trimming the Banksia rose. I swear it doubles in size every week in summer and spring! Trimming it usually consists of me on the ladder straining to reach the highest point with the hedge clippers. Not fun. Last time I trimmed the rose I had a break half way and decided to try and create something with all the trimmings. Below is a photo of the creation! In future I think I will be more eager to attack the bush now I've discovered a new use for the trimmings!



No comments:

Post a Comment